Wedding Advice created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The information gathering and dissemination practices for this web site are disclosed below.
Acceptance of Policy:
This policy is valid, binding and enforceable against all persons who access this website or any part thereof. Please read this policy carefully as by using this website you will be taken to have agreed to be bound by it. If you do not agree to be bound by the provisions of this policy, you must leave the WeddingAdvice.co.za website immediately as further use will automatically bind you to this policy, notwithstanding any disagreements by you to the terms of this policy.
Types of information collected:
When you register on the WeddingAdvice.co.za website we need to collect certain information about you in order to provide you with the services you have requested. This information may include, but is not limited to:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Business or Home Address
- Employer/ Affiliated Organisation
- Contact Telephone Numbers
- Date of Birth
- Reason for Accessing Site
- Details of any Advertising/Affiliate Channel that may have referred your business
- Intended Usage of Information Requested
- Voluntary guest reviews of your venue establishments or services
- The personal information detailed above will be collected either electronically by using cookies (as more fully described below) or provided voluntarily by you.
WeddingAdvice.co.za use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, click here.
WeddingAdvice.co.za site’s registration form requires users to give us contact information (like their name, email, and postal address), and demographic information (like their postal code, age, or income level). Contact information from the registration forms is used to ship purchases should this be required. The customer’s contact information is also used to get in touch with the customer when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the e-mail opt-out section below.
Unique identifiers (such as IP and email addresses) are collected from Web site visitors to verify the user’s identity, and for use as account numbers in our record system. Demographic and profile data is also collected at WeddingAdvice.co.za. This information is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis. We use this data to tailor our visitor’s experience at WeddingAdvice.co.za showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
WeddingAdvice.co.za uses an order form for customers to request information, products, and services. WeddingAdvice.co.za collect contact information (like their email address), and demographic information (like their postal code, age, or income level).
Contact information from the order forms are used to ship purchases, information about our company. The customer’s contact information is also used to send promotional material from some of WeddingAdvice.co.za partners to our customers, and to get in touch with the visitor when necessary.
Demographic and profile data is also collected at WeddingAdvice.co.za.
This information is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis. WeddingAdvice.co.za use this data to tailor WeddingAdvice.co.za visitor’s experience at WeddingAdvice.co.za showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
WeddingAdvice.co.za online surveys ask visitors for contact information (like email address), and demographic information (like postal code, age, or income level).
WeddingAdvice.co.za run contests on WeddingAdvice.co.za site in which WeddingAdvice.co.za ask visitors for contact information (like email address), and demographic information (like postal code, age, or income level). Contact information from the contests is used to ship prizes. The customer’s contact information is also used to send promotional material from some of our partners to our customers, and to get in touch with the visitor when necessary. Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings; see the e-mail opt-out section below. Demographic and profile data is also collected at WeddingAdvice.co.za. This information is shared with advertisers on an aggregate basis. WeddingAdvice.co.za use this data to tailor our visitor’s experience at our site showing them content that we think they might be interested in, and displaying the content according to their preferences.
WeddingAdvice.co.za makes chat rooms, forums, blogs, message boards, and/or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
Guest reviews of venue establishments and or services
WeddingAdvice.co.za may ask customers to review venue establishments after their use of your establishment or services. These reviews will always be voluntary. By uploading, submitting or otherwise making available or contributing any content in a customer review on the WeddingAdvice.co.za website, you grant WeddingAdvice.co.za an unrestricted, worldwide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free, fully paid up, license to use, make, have made, reproduce, display, perform, publish, upload, post, modify, create derivative works from, transmit, distribute, sell, offer for sale and sub license or otherwise transfer those materials or information or their modifications, and to authorize third parties to do any, some or all of the foregoing including, but not limited to, sub licensing others to do any some or all of the foregoing indefinitely. You represent and warrant that you have sufficient rights in those materials or information to grant these rights and licenses. In addition, you choose to surrender any attribution rights to the content you submit.
In addition, by uploading, submitting or otherwise making available or contributing any content in a customer review on the WeddingAdvice.co.za website you grant WeddingAdvice.co.za the right to display your full name and country of origin in close proximity to the whole, part or derivation of your submitted review content anywhere on the WeddingAdvice.co.za website.
Dispersal of Information to third parties:
In addition to the policies and procedures we employ to safeguard your data, your personal data is protected by the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 25 of 2002.
- Subject to the remaining provisions of this policy, WeddingAdvice.co.za will not share personal information with any other third parties without your permission, unless required by law enforcement action, subpoena or applicable law or regulation.
- co.za does not lease, sell, rent or disperse any information supplied by you to any third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- If you make a reservation or booking enquiry at an establishment or service provider it is between you and the provider and not WeddingAdvice.co.za
- Any content provided by you concerning descriptions of regions, tourist activities or tourist events in our “wiki” pages may, at our own discretion, become publicly viewable on our website (see “wiki agreement”).
- Any review you make on our website of a venue establishment, service provider, event or geographical region may, at our own discretion, become publicly viewable on our website.
- Personal information given to WeddingAdvice.co.za may be transferred across state and country borders for the purposes of data consolidation, storage and simplified customer information management. Some of the countries to which your personal information may be transmitted may not provide the same statutory protection for your data as South Africa.
- co.za shall be entitled to disclose such information to its subsidiaries and affiliates and those suppliers engaged by WeddingAdvice.co.za to process data on its behalf. WeddingAdvice.co.za could, furthermore, merge with or be acquired by another business entity or organization. In that event WeddingAdvice.co.za shall be entitled to share with the merging or acquiring entity some or all of your personal information (who shall not be allowed to use such personal information for any purposes other than as contemplated in this policy). WeddingAdvice.co.za shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of whatsoever nature arising from any unintentional misuse of any information supplied to such merging or acquiring entity.
- By browsing this website and communicating electronically with WeddingAdvice.co.za you acknowledge and agree to our transferring and processing of personal data in this way and to the use of such information for the above-mentioned purposes.
In order to provide a better service for our customers we do reserve the right to:
- Track your movements though this website, analyze your movements on this website through the use of 3rd party tools including but not limited to “Google Analytics”, and collaborate with 3rd party tracking services including but not limited to “Google AdWords”. Any collaboration with a 3rd party is done in good faith that your privacy will be adequately protected.
- Collect IP information: When you enter the WeddingAdvice.co.za website, we collect your IP address. This address identifies your Internet Service Provider, but does not identify you as an individual. We may also collect your domain name address, the type of web-browsing software that you use, the type of operating system that you use and the URL of the webpage from which you came to visit this website. This information is used by WeddingAdvice.co.za to improve or maintain the user’s experience on this website, and for general statistical purposes. Your IP address is used to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and your shopping cart. Occasionally WeddingAdvice.co.za monitor site usage including mouse movements in order to improve the usability of the site. WeddingAdvice.co.za owns and retains all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by WeddingAdvice.co.za.
Data Access, Accuracy & Amendments:
co.za shall use reasonable endeavours to keep all your personal information accurate. You will always be provided access to this information, and have the opportunity to have inaccuracies corrected. We shall ensure that all inaccurate or incomplete information is corrected as soon as possible.
- Reasonable steps will be taken to verify your identity before granting you access to your information. If you would like your personal information to be deleted from our records, we shall ensure, on notification by you, that this is done as soon as reasonably possible.
WeddingAdvice.co.za shall take reasonable steps to protect your personal information and has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. In the unlikely event that the security of your personal information in our possession becomes compromised, we shall notify you thereof as soon as reasonably possible under the circumstances.
Changes in this policy:
If at any time you wish to have your information removed from our active databases, please contact us. You will also be able to unsubscribe at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of all our email communications which will automatically remove you from the list.
You can send an email to email@example.com to unsubscribe from the weddingadvice.co.za site or any membership or subscription within it at anytime should you choose to do so.
You can also contact us on 083 98 9204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you can contact: email@example.com or call us on 060 000 0000.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cell: 083 98 9204